Move over, fashion circuit. There’s a new runway event in town.
CES Presents: an inaugural trend-setting fashion event
Toronto’s Conceptual Event Society launched an inaugural fashion event on October 18th, 2018, called CES Presents at the Omni King Edward Hotel. The event brought together some of the most buzz-worthy Canadian designers and musicians for an unforgettable evening of collaboration in support of Boost Child & Youth Advocacy Centre.
Guests like stylist Joe Zee, influencer Sergio El-Azzi and designer Mikhael Kale were spotted enjoying drinks and hors d’oeuvres, while Joan Kelley Walker hosted the black carpet.
Adding to the star power, Melissa Grelo and Jess Allen of CTV’s The Social emceed the black-and-white-stripped runway, which featured designs by UNTTLD, Lesley Hampton and Mikael D in collaboration with Anavi Designs’ custom handbags.
Live performances by Tyler Shaw, Ammoye and Ana Golja took place throughout, creating a super fun and engaging atmosphere. It was a trend-setting runway showcase that bucked traditional fashion norms. Both plus-sized and handicapped models offered a better representation of Canada’s diverse fashion scene.
Designer pop-up shop
Unlike many fashion events, Canadian designers actually got a chance to sell their pieces through an exclusive pop-up shop. The event’s invitation-only guests had a rare opportunity to meet, chat and purchase pieces directly from the designers. The shop featured pieces from Wuxly, Lesley Hampton, Rita Tesolin, Anavi Designs, UNTTLD, and Mikael D. All proceeds went to Boost Child & Youth Advocacy Centre. To round out the evening, George Pimental hosted his renowned Redken portrait studio after the runway show.
Canadian fashion and music make a new statement
CES Presents has made the fashion runway more accessible. They’ve waived the typical runway fees, allowing Canadian designers to make profits, expand their client base, and participate in a fun evening for a good cause. Plans for the next event in 2019 are already underway, so stay tuned!
Latest posts by Nicola Brown (see all)
- What’s New, Canada? New restaurants, hotels, spas, arts & culture, activities & travel experiences to discover across the country – November 2020 - November 10, 2020
- Montreal Staycation [VIDEO]: Travel the world without leaving home at Le Germain Hotel + pamper yourself at Bota Bota spa on the water - September 24, 2020
- Essential Morocco: A Trip for First-Timers - June 2, 2020
- Calgary Staycation [VIDEO]: Escape to Kananaskis Mountain Lodge near Banff + go horseback riding and kayak glacier lakes - May 28, 2020
- A Taste For Travel: Inspiring Recipes From Around the World - April 23, 2020