You don’t have to leave the country to experience a Christmas market. A few cities have been inspired to create their own festive events, based on the European versions!
Toronto Christmas Market
The Toronto Christmas Market transforms the cobbled streets of the city’s Distillery District into a bustling area to Christmas shop, sample cider and hearty treats, listen to carols and enjoy the season.
When: Nov. 20 to Dec. 20
The German Christmas Market, Quebec City
Old Quebec City amps up its European charm for the holidays. Add to that two small villages to explore, featuring artisans selling locally made handicrafts and food, like Christmas cake, roasted chestnuts and mulled wine.
When: Nov. 27 to Dec. 20
Vancouver Christmas Market
A Christmas carousel and a special children’s area make this a must-visit, family-friendly event that’s located on Hamilton Street’s Queen Elizabeth Theatre Plaza in downtown Vancouver.
When: Nov. 21 to Dec. 24
Latest posts by Tara Nolan (see all)
- Thinking Outside the Garden in Ireland - April 17, 2019
- Dashing Through the Snow: An Outdoorsy Winter Getaway to Vermont - January 11, 2019
- Volunteer for a short-term opportunity, like gardening, during your visit to Maui - December 20, 2016
- 6 après ski options that will make you want to take a break from the slopes - December 16, 2016
- The gift list 2015 - December 8, 2015